Recruiters assistance is PTAD (Permissive Temporary Additional Duty) and PRASP (Permissive Recruiters Assistance Program) through CRP (Command Recruiting Program) which requires a joint effort between the recruiter himself saying that he could use the help and your Marine's command (MATT plt on FLW) saying that they can spare him for a few weeks to a month. Through the CRP, Marines can be assigned to a recruiting station for 7-14 days under PRASP, or up to 30 days under PTAD to aid in the recruiting effort. It is best to have your Marine talk to their recruiter first (as soon as they graduate MCT) simply because they can start on the paperwork and know of the request before the Marine actually even checks in. Once your Marine checks in they will need to talk to their unit (MATT Plt.) about starting their end of the paperwork and having the unit contact the recruiter to make sure they need the help. Here is a link to the official order about CRP... http://www.usmc.mil/news/messages/Pages/2007/ASSIGNMENTOFMARINESTOTHECOMMANDRECRUITINGPROGRAM.aspx
UNCLAS 171905Z APR 07Feel free to post any additional questions about RA on this thread and I will try to respond as soon as possible.
CMC WASHINGTON DC(UC)
TO AL ALMAR(UC)
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MM//
UNCLAS 241710Z APR 07
CMC WASHINGTON DC(UC)
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MCRC//
SUBJ/ASSIGNMENT OF MARINES TO THE COMMAND RECRUITING PROGRAM//
REF/A/MSGID:DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/YMD:19980424//
POC/PATRICK S ARBEC/MGYSGT/MCRC G-3 CHIEF/-/TEL:DSN 278-9403//
1. MARINES, THE END STRENGTH OF OUR CORPS WILL GROW TO 202,000 OVER THE NEXT FEW YEARS. OVER 70 PERCENT OF THAT INCREASE WILL CONSIST OF FIRST TERM MARINES, AND THE COMMAND
RECRUITING PROGRAM (CRP) IS AN EXCELLENT WAY TO ASSIST OUR MARINE RECRUITERS IN THEIR MOST CHALLENGING DUTIES.
2. THE CRP WAS ESTABLISHED TO ASSIST THE MARINE CORPS RECRUITING COMMAND IN SEEKING HIGHLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR ENLISTMENT. THE CRP COMPONENTS ARE BOOT LEAVE, ANNUAL LEAVE OR LIBERTY, PERMISSIVE TEMPORARY ADDITIONAL DUTY (PTAD) AND THE PERMISSIVE RECRUITER
ASSISTANT PROGRAM (PRASP). THROUGH THE CRP, MARINES CAN BE ASSIGNED TO A RECRUITING STATION FOR 7-14 DAYS UNDER PRASP, OR UP TO 30 DAYS UNDER PTAD TO AID IN THE RECRUITING EFFORT. RECRUITERS TELL ME THAT PTAD MARINES, PARTICULARLY THOSE HOME JUST AFTER AN OIF ROTATION, ARE MOST VALUABLE. DETAILS ARE CONTAINED IN REFERENCE A.
3. THE INCREASE IN END STRENGTH AND THE INHERENT CHALLENGES ASSOCIATED WITH WARTIME RECRUITING MAKE RECRUITING INCREASINGLY MORE DIFFICULT. THE CRP WORKS - OVER 4,000 ENLISTMENTS HAVE BEEN CREDITED TO THE CRP IN PREVIOUS FISCAL YEARS! OUR RECRUITERS CAN
EFFECTIVELY EMPLOY YOUR MARINE IN THEIR HOMETOWN TO HELP ACCOMPLISH THE MISSION OF GROWING OUR CORPS TO 202K.
4. I ASK THAT COMMANDING GENERALS AND UNIT COMMANDERS ENSURE ALL THEIR MARINES ARE AWARE OF THE ADVANTAGES OF PARTICIPATING AS A COMMAND RECRUITER IN THEIR HOMETOWN.
5. SEMPER FIDELIS, JAMES T. CONWAY, GENERAL, U.S. MARINE CORPS,
COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS//